Ancient Pentatonic Scale
Listen To This Chime (press play button)
Boxed for gift-giving; Length: 17 inches
A beautiful wind chime, hand tuned for superior musical performance. Five bronze finish tubes.
The Chimes of Mars are part of the planet series of chimes from the Encore Collection by Woodstock Chimes. This handsome chime is tuned to an ancient pentatonic scale that sounds wonderful with all the other planet chimes. Boxed for gift-giving.
- Genuine hardwood with weather-resistant finish
- Heavy-duty, coated nylon string
- Special aluminum alloy will not rust
- Musically tuned tubes product beautiful scales
Encore Collection chimes are designed by the world’s favorite chime maker. Since 1979, professional musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad has been creating Woodstock Chimes, known around the world for unsurpassed quality and beautiful sound.
We suggest you hang it in an area that is not exposed to long term direct sunlight and periodically clean it with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Woodstock Chimes tubes are made of anodized aluminum that will not rust when exposed to the elements. However, over time, the aluminum may show pitting as a result of environmental factors. Please note this will not affect the beautiful tones of your chimes.
Hanging Your Chimes:
These chimes are designed to produce beautiful music from even the slightest breeze, but if you’d like to hear yours more often, here are a few ideas:
- Hang your chime directly from the O ring or loop at the top of the chime. Don’t extend the top string of the chime by adding chain or string. This may cause the entire chime to swing, when in fact only the center string and clapper should move.
- Hang your chime where the wind can reach it from as many directions as possible. An open corner is ideal when hanging the chime from a building.
- Experiment with hanging your chime at different heights. Wind velocity tends to increase with higher elevation.
- Avoid hanging your chime within two feet of a wall or too close to plants, furniture and anything that might obstruct or divert the breeze. If you have a screened-in porch, you may find that even the screens will impede the breeze enough to prevent your chime from ringing.
- Try hanging your chime in different locations during different times of the year. The prevailing winds change seasonally.